GIMA Awards 2017 judging panel announced
For immediate release
A key event in the garden retail calendar, the countdown has begun for the GIMA Awards 2017 (13th July, Celtic Manor). As the trade association issues a call to action for entries, it has also revealed who will be making up its judging panel this year.
Taking on the challenge of deciding the best of the best from the hundreds of entries will be:
• Julie Burrell, Head of Trading Seasonal and Stationery, Wilko Retail
• Sarah Coldrake, Category Manager Garden, Homebase
• Neil Grant, Managing Director, Ferndale Garden Centre
• Robert Hall, Halls Gardensite
• James Hollingworth, Garden Products Buyer, Suttons Consumer Products
• Nick Liszka, Buying Manager, Wyevale Garden Centres
• Neil Pope, Garden Trade News
• Andy Schofield, Commercial Trading Manager, Home & Garden Group
• Allan Wilson, Senior Buyer, The Klondyke Group
This year the judges will be deciding the winners for the nine product awards that feature within the GIMA Awards. Product categories will celebrate the best from Garden Care, Growing, Planting Equipment and Sundries, Garden Tools, Machinery and Implements, Outdoor Leisure, Plants, Seeds and Bulbs, Garden Landscaping, Pet Care, Aquatics and Wild Bird Care Products, Gardening Clothing & Gifts, and Garden Lighting, Water Features & Ornamentation categories.
Best Point of Sale, Consumer Product Packaging, and Marketing Communication awards will also be celebrated alongside the coveted Sword of Excellence, GCA Supplier of the Year, Gardenex Export Achievement Award and PetQuip Export Achievement Award.
GIMA Director, Vicky Nuttall, said: “I’d like to extend my thanks to all of those that have agreed to join us on our GIMA Awards 2017 judging panel. I’ve no doubt that they’ll have their work cut out as the level of entries for the awards is continuing to grow and impress year on year. I look forward to learning what products they select – I’m sure its set to be another amazing year for the awards!”
Entries to the GIMA Awards can be submitted via the dedicated online entry form, found at www.gima.org.uk/gima-awards/. Deadline for entries is May 26th. The judging panel will then deliberate and consider all entries during the judging day on June 27th at Warwick Racecourse.